Tuesday 30 May 2017

A LADY FARMER FROM TAMPARULI & HER SUPER-TALENTED GRANDSON

No, this is not a photograph. Its a charcoal drawing, ok. Took 2 months for Freandy Jose Pinus, 23, to complete. Freandy is a final year student at UMS (Universiti Malaysia Sabah). For me, its not just the wonderful skill, or the photo-realist style, but the presence of his nenek whom he said represents 'orang kampung biasa2'. Sungkoi Gusiang, 65 years old, has been farming and selling her produce at the famous Tamparuli Tamu (market) since she was a teenager. She reminds me of my own wonderwomen, my Bonda. I hope to share this work with folks at 'tamu' in Tamparuli and Kundasang for the next Gemabelas2017 tour in October. 

Standing in front of the drawing, I could sense the preseverence, hard-working, patience, kindness, honesty and most of all, enduring love between this women and her very humble & polite grandson-artist. I really hope he will stay humble and polite in the future. Absolutely awesome encounter. 

#gemaBELAS2017 #BELASalam #BELASinsan #balaiseninegara






No comments:

Post a Comment

DENAI PULIH

Tidak semua tentang rawatan, pemulihan dan penyembuhan itu bergantung pd sains perubatan semata-mata, atau ilmu yg bersifat empirikal sj. Ia...