Monday 25 June 2012

CHINA HOUSE AGAIN!

My 'carrot' would be, well.......a large chunk of tasty China House's 'carrot' cake! Yaaa, for that, I was willing to 'sell my soul' so-to-speak, to babble and rant about 'contemporary art' in Malaysia and its players and movers. I am currently trying very hard not to get myself busy doing such thing anymore, but the 'carrot' was too tempting to ignore.

Despite a little communication hick-up (I came when the intended 'talk' was taught to be canceled), Su Aziz of China House was kind enough to serve me the 'carrot'. Anyway, I spent quality time with the young curators of Muzium & Galeri Tuanku Fauziah (MGTF) USM, with Noriko Itsimatsu, a Phd researcher from Fukuoka who is currently staying in Penang to research on contemporary art in Malaysia. I gave a crash course on art appreciation based on this show brough over by Chandan Gallery KL to China House, called "Selected Top Malaysian Artists". I had the pleasure of whacking good this old early 1990s collage of color zerox print, done by one confused dude when he was facing a cultural shock in the USA. 

 Thank you again, China House.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BALADA MENARA CONDONG & WIRAWATI YG DIPINGGIR LUPA.

BALADA MENARA CONDONG & WIRAWATI YG DIPINGGIR LUPA. Tentang tapak niaga wanita cekal, 'tanah' asal tumpah darah, rumah, pulang k...