PEACE PREVAILS

May peace prevails upon all beings on the earth and beyond. You may scroll down to browse the contents of this blog.

Monday, 25 June 2012

CHINA HOUSE AGAIN!

My 'carrot' would be, well.......a large chunk of tasty China House's 'carrot' cake! Yaaa, for that, I was willing to 'sell my soul' so-to-speak, to babble and rant about 'contemporary art' in Malaysia and its players and movers. I am currently trying very hard not to get myself busy doing such thing anymore, but the 'carrot' was too tempting to ignore.

Despite a little communication hick-up (I came when the intended 'talk' was taught to be canceled), Su Aziz of China House was kind enough to serve me the 'carrot'. Anyway, I spent quality time with the young curators of Muzium & Galeri Tuanku Fauziah (MGTF) USM, with Noriko Itsimatsu, a Phd researcher from Fukuoka who is currently staying in Penang to research on contemporary art in Malaysia. I gave a crash course on art appreciation based on this show brough over by Chandan Gallery KL to China House, called "Selected Top Malaysian Artists". I had the pleasure of whacking good this old early 1990s collage of color zerox print, done by one confused dude when he was facing a cultural shock in the USA. 

 Thank you again, China House.


No comments:

Post a Comment